child support modification

Child Support Modification

Can you modify child support after the final divorce decree?

Either parent may be able to petition to alter the amount of child support if there has been a substantial change of circumstances.

  • The custodial parent may seek an increase based on increased income of the other parent or changes to the State support guidelines.
  • The non-custodial parent may seek a reduction if their income has been reduced through no fault of their own, such as unemployment or a downturn in business.

Goldberg Jones can assist in filing a Modification or defending against a Modification. In either event, our goal is to represent your best interests and insure that the information used to calculate child support is accurate and that all other relevant information has been considered.

Have questions about child custody?
Have Questions? We have answers.