Spousal Support Modification IN pORTLAND
Spousal Support Modification

Spousal Support Modification

Can I modify spousal support after the Divorce Decree?

If spousal support was ordered as part of the divorce Decree or Judgment, either party may have the right to seek Spousal Support Modification so long as the award was not deemed non-modifiable originally.

Who can request a spousal support modification?

The receiving ex-spouse can seek an adjustment if the payer’s income has risen substantially.

Conversely, the payer may be able to seek to reduce or terminate spousal support if the ex-spouse has remarried or achieved financial independence.

Major Legal Changes to Oregon Family Law Regarding Spousal Support Modifications:

Like many court orders, once in place, these payments become difficult to alter. But a new law just took effect in Oregon that may have a huge impact on spousal support modifications...
Read Article

Have Questions?

CALL 1 (800) DIVORCE OR (503) 731-8888

CALL 1 (800) DIVORCE or (503) 731-8888

Phone Questions Answered at No Charge!
Free Case Review Attorney Profiles (503) 731-8888