Child Custody Modifications

Child Custody Modification

Are child custody modifications possible under Oregon law?

Whether custody terms were set out in the divorce decree, or you were never married but have a court-approved custody agreement, you can petition to alter custody itself or to change specifics of the day-to-day parenting arrangements.

To make a child custody modification, you must show a change in circumstances. These factors often include one parent losing a job, drastic income change, and shifts in a child’s needs.
Typically, courts require a showing that there has been a substantial change in circumstance in addition to other factors to materially change a Custody Order unless the child is in immediate danger or for other sufficient reasons.

Remaining a part of your child’s daily life isn’t always as simple as it sounds. It’s important to you and your case to stand up and fight for your rights as a father. Nothing less than aggressive representation is acceptable for your child custody modification case.

Have questions about child custody?

Have Questions? We have answers.